Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful,

for beauty is God’s handwriting.”

–Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Salt Lake Temple Lights

Last year we got to go to California for Thanksgiving, but it put us a little behind for Christmas (not to mention Kacey's broken arm and surgery and Terrence's broken foot... it's all kind of a blur).  So six months ago I wrote on our calendar a few things I really missed and wanted to do this year:  1) put up Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving, 2) See the lights at temple square, 3) make caramels!!! and, 4) no broken bones.  So far 3 of the four have happened thanks to Terrence's help.  So glad he's back in commission this year.

We went to temple square last night and ate at Crown Burger (mmmm, Jr. Crown burger...) it was the most beautiful I have ever seen it (the lights, not the burger).  I don't know if it was the "tropical" weather we're having here in Utah this week, that they've expanded it to cover the church office building grounds so we're not like cattle in a crowded pen, or if it's just that I hadn't seen them in so long.  They were spectacular.  I also learned why there were so many tripods there.  I didn't bring mine and you can tell.  You really need one to capture the bright lights in manual without blur, but sometimes it's more important to just capture the shot than have it be "good".  Anyway- it was beautiful.



 I love this floating manger scene on the reflection pool.


 I hope they will always want to be at the temple doors.



 Love Sam, right after this picture she said can we go home now, and every minute after that.  Only the later ones were more like, CAN WE GO HOME NOW?!?

 This house is in Lehi and we probably could've stayed home and just done this.  This kids were mesmerized.  It was like Griswald's Christmas.  I have never seen so many lights on one house in my entire life.  It was synchronized to music and all.
Christmas shopping on Friday.  Ahhhhh.... let the madness begin!

3 comments:

  1. Deb, Why does Terrence not pull a Griswald? I can see that being right up his alley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome pictures! I especially love the one with the reflecting nativity! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes the madness! The reason for the season:) Great pics.

    ReplyDelete

Comment