Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful,

for beauty is God’s handwriting.”

–Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Boy

Our Saturdays are filled with Lacrosse so this blog will be too!  This was the second game of the day.  Conner's team scored 2 points and he made one of them.  Way to go Conner!

It's amazing how we cheer for our kids whether they're doing good or poorly.  It's a parent's job.  We just can't help it.  Conner has been doing very well in school in every subject except for English.  Now it's time to root for the "poorly".  I emailed the teacher to help me understand what is going on his class and how I can help.  He has spoken with her and come up with no solutions so it's time for the mom in me to step in.  I don't want to see him do poorly if I can help it.  I told him about the email and he quickly commanded me to not do that.  In fact, stay away from his teachers, far, far away.  Right now junior high teachers are the enemy and parents along with teachers for him would be the perfect storm.  Aggghhhh!

I guess I will have to keep my cheering on the field even if it does mean he may work at McDonald's the rest of his life because of his 9th grade English class.  Nope.  Can't do it.  I'll be meeting with her next week. 


2 comments:

  1. I will steal those shorts some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will steal those shorts some day.

    ReplyDelete

Comment