Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful,

for beauty is God’s handwriting.”

–Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Fishlake

When we first got to the Fishlake Cabin, Brooke set up shop right away.  
She took art lessons from a friend of mine and is getting really good.
Notice in the next posts her wonderful outfit that SHE packed.
I love that my children are so independent :)
I saw this sweet little truck on the way to Capital Reef. 
Uh oh.
Terrence is such a good sport when it comes to photo ops.
I just looked at him and said, "Oh cool!!  Let's take some pictures."  
I'm sure he was thinking, what, of that ugly old thing?  But... we did.  Love him.


There were a few guys that worked at the junk yard looking over 
and probably thinking we were either crazy- 
or maybe they would sell something!
Even though Kacey looked GREAT in it, we left the truck there.
Then it was back on the road again toward Capital Reef.
We went through this tiny town called Torrey.  
There is a beautiful canal running through the trees on the right.  
Every time I see a Utah canal it reminds me of my Grandma Foley.  
She taught me to swim in tennis shoes and jeans in her backyard canal in Hurricane.
It's amazing that you can go from this...

to this in less than an hour.



4 comments:

  1. GREAT PICS! Deb, seriously will you teach me your skills?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun! Great pictures! Love that truck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jamie, I'll teach you all that I've learned about photography (which will take all of about 5 minutes) if you teach me how to cook like you!

    ReplyDelete

Comment