Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful,

for beauty is God’s handwriting.”

–Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, June 3, 2011

Adventure

We ran into a little snaffu while out on the four wheelers.
Terrence and Conner were leading the pack on their dirt bikes up ahead of us and I was bringing up the rear.  There was a pretty technical hill up ahead.  It was slick and rocky.  The bikes went up and Kinsey followed right on up with Lane and Brooke as passengers.  I stopped to wait my turn and to my horror, the machine came tumbling down nose over tail throwing all three of them on the rocks with the machine bouncing over the tops of them.  All I could do was watch and scream, Oh no! oh no! oh no! (I didn't have time to swear).
 I couldn't believe they walked away with just a few bruises and scratches.  I am so grateful.
Terrence (AKA Macgyver) had thrown rope
into the truck that morning and we were
able to haul the machine out.





Doesn't this look like a pretty depressed group?  This is
them with the four wheeler at the bottom of the mountain.
The picture is horrible because my lens accidentally got
knocked out of autofocus in all the confusion.

Kacey loves attacking it on this bike.
They all looked good so we took them out for ice cream.
  It makes everything better, right?
I'm not sure what to say about this.  Maybe, call the FASHION POLICE.
We went up to Johnson's Reservoir and walked across the dam.  The kids called it our dam walk.
Clever, I know.
This was leaving the cabin on Memorial Day.  Yeah, almost JUNE.  
Hello, would someone please tell the weather man E N O U G H already.
Well, goodbye Fishlake.  It was a fun adventure.

2 comments:

  1. Happy all is well after the "skiff". So excited for Kins and Lane...awesome. BUT my favorite picture is call the fashion police...LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How scary! I am so glad everyone is OK! Looks like a beautiful place to hang out.

    ReplyDelete

Comment