Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful,

for beauty is God’s handwriting.”

–Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, January 10, 2011

Sundays

So we had a pretty good Sunday.  Got up, church at nine, home by noon, had lunch, FHE and family scriptures (Terrence is traveling this week on Monday... so Sunday FHE it is), had a nap, did a little reading, Sunday drive up the canyon, went to grandmas, came home, visited with Kinsey and Lane, went to bed at 10:00.


Our lesson at church was on keeping the Sabbath Day holy.  Definately something you should do.  People started talking about what they do to keep it holy, a lot of rules, do's and don't do's.  Someone said if you lounge around all day on Sunday you're breaking it and somebody next to me whispered, "I'm in so much trouble!"  As I was taking my nap I had to ask myself, am I breaking the Sabbath?  I felt this overwhelming love come over me as I drifted off to sleep, knowing I wasn't going to go to hell for it.  

We can have our checklists, our little rules that make us feel better like no tv on sunday, or no laundry, and then there are those that have their rules and think it would be a good idea for everybody else to do them too,  but what it really came down to for me was not a checklist, but a reverence, a day of worship that hopefully leads into a week of worship.  I decided it's important to check my heart and keep the lists to a minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment