Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful,

for beauty is God’s handwriting.”

–Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Unbroken

I just finished reading "Unbroken" and it really is as good as everyone says.  I find myself thinking about his experiences during the day and how they apply to life.  I'm sad it's over and I need another good book.  Any suggestions?

One of my favorite quotes from the book:
"Dignity is as essential to human life as water, food, and oxygen. The stubborn retention of it, even in the face of extreme physical hardship, can hold a man's soul in his body long past the point at which the body should have surrendered it. The loss of it can carry a man off as surely as thirst, hunger, exposure, and asphyxiation, and with greater cruelty.....degradation could be as lethal as a bullet."


1 comment:

  1. Come on mom. You had time to do this but not post the beautiful pictures of Kacey?
    -Kins

    ReplyDelete

Comment