Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful,

for beauty is God’s handwriting.”

–Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Traumatizing even after they leave...

Kacey will probably "Oh, mom" me for posting this... but here goes (she probably doesn't read this anyway). She had to be at her new college a couple of weeks early for cheer so Terrence and I dropped her off at the dorms and when we left she was pretty much the only one there in that huge place.  The drop off seemed good, all settled and off we went.  A few days later there was going to be a huge meteor shower and my remaining kids invited me to sleep out on the trampoline with them so we could all watch it.  I was extra tired and opted to sleep in my own bed.   Until... our phone rang at 1:50 am.  "Hello, this is the police.  We have a car registered to a Terrence and Deborah Savage.  We found it unlocked in a field with the keys in it."  I explained that's our daughter's car and we just dropped her off at college.  I asked if it was in a residential area thinking she was watching a video at a new found friends house and perhaps fell asleep.  My mind was racing.  They said, "No". Terrence called her cell phone.  No answer.  I gave the police her cell phone number.  No answer.  I asked them to please find her and call me.  I hung up and began to sob tears of trauma.  They were the kind of tears that hurt your eyes and felt like acid.  I went through one emotion- horror.  About 25 minutes later as Terrence was getting ready to leave and go help on the search the phone rang.  It was Kacey. "Hey what's up?"  "Where've you been?!"  "Watching the meteor shower with my new friends."  AHHHHHH!  A few days later I woke up looking like a platypus with fever blisters. Hmmmmmm... can you say STRESS?   Oh Kacey.  It's a good thing we love you so much.


2 comments:

  1. I am laughing out loud right now!!! So funny...I know that hour had to be completely awful...but the outcome...ooh, my tummy hurts!

    ReplyDelete

Comment